Monday, July 8, 2013

Lips to Die For: a Lip Stick that Shines like a Gloss

It's Monday and that's make-up day! Time to bring you the best make-up products out there and in that spirit I have a high-pigment lip color that shines like a gloss but wears like a lip stick. Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color is highly pigmented and packs a vibrant punch with a glossy finish. It wears as long as your average lipstick, which could be extended with lip liner.
Courtesy of Sephora
I recommend pairing it with Urban Decay's 24/7 Lip Liner to extend the wear, like I have in the picture below.

Here I'm wearing F-Bomb (a fantastic neutral red) lined with 24/7 lip liner in Gash, a darker red. I've worn the combo from 9 am through 7 at night and eaten twice--only 1 touch up. 

Down sides: only a few shades, and not all of them match with a 24/7 lip liner color. I love Naked, is a shimmery natural color that is the best nude lipstick I own, however if I want it to last longer, I'll have to put a layer of lip liner under it and my choices are either play up the pink with "Wicked", a brighter pink shade of the 24/7 lip liner, or give it a brick undertone with "Midnight Cowboy", a dark brown-pink. It makes me search for perfect liner to match and that's not too kind on the wallet though Super Saturated's initial cost of $19 is not too shabby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment